Six Sigma Green Belt
Leads a medium to small scale process improvement project usually within a function or in a certain process only. A Green Belt may or may not work directly with the Black Belt in doing a project. Green Belt training is designed to allow a Green Belt to do an in-depth analysis of a process and recommend effective solutions. Engineers, Supervisor, Junior Managers and the likes are selected as Green Belt candidates.
Web Design Made Simple: Using HTML and CSS with Dreamweaver
Web Design Fundamentals will teach students to create a website using HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). Adobe Dreamweaver is used in this course to build web pages faster and more efficiently.
1.1. What is Web Design
1.2. Learning the basics of Dreamweaver
1.3. What is HTML
1.4. Nesting Tags
1.5. Web browsers
2. HTML Structure
3. Introduction to Forms
3.1. Applying Different Input Types
3.2. Setting Input Type Attributes
3.3. Creating a Text Area Field
3.4. Creating Select Lists
4.1. What is CSS?
4.2. CSS Basics and Syntax
4.3. How to use CSS in your pages
4.4. What is an id?
4.5. What is a class?
4.6. CSS Background
4.7. CSS Tables
5. Using Photoshop to create your own web design and layout
6. Practical Exercises (converting Photoshop design to Dreamweaver)
7. Presentation of final websites
Website Programming Made Easy
This course aims to teach its students usage of a MEANlike stack using AngularJS, NodeJS, and MongoDB (with an optional stance of using EJS or Jade templating) for web application creation. The course also aims to teach the students an API/Microservice paradigm in web programming.
Participants should at least have a background in programming concepts, databases, HTML, CSS, and aBackend language or framework. If the participant does not know any backend language, database, orframework, the instructor can teach a quick lesson on a simple backend framework and MongoDB.
1. Level Gauging
a. Review of students’ skills and knowledge
a. What is MEANStack
b. Capabilities of MEAN
c. Setting up the development environment
3. Getting Down to Business
a. The PhoneCat Angular Template
i. Welcome to AngularJS
b. Node and Angular
i. How Node and Angular will work together
c. NPM and Bower
i. Introduction to the package managers
d. Wiring Everything Up
4. Diving into Angular
a. The App.js
d. Directives (The Heart of Angular)
5. Design Your App
a. Students will take time designing an endgoal app/prototype.
b. Wireframing and Mockups
6. The Backend and Breaking Away from Monolithic Design
a. Review and Discussion on what backend technologies do the students know
b. The database (students may opt to follow MongoDB or choose their own).
c. The JSON document (standardized request/response object)
d. For students who are equipped with a backend tech, they may begin hacking.
e. For students who are not equipped:
i. Welcome to Java Spring and Maven!
ii. Resources and REST
iii. Connecting to your Database (suggested to use MongoDB)
iv. Creating your backend
f. Testing your Backend with DHC
a. Connecting your backend to your frontend.
c. Presentation of results
Motion Graphics (Adobe After Effects)
1. Overview of course plan and objectives
2. Lecture on general principles of motion graphics
3. Introduction to After Effects GUI (graphical user interface)
4. Concept of layers and precompositions
5. Introduction on 3D layers and camera setup
6. Concept of parent-child relationships in layers
7. Motion graphic techniques utilized in title design
8. Compositing in After Effects
9. Animating in After Effects
10.Introduction to typography
11.Color keying and masking
12.2D tracking in After Effects
13.Lecture on sound bites and soundtracks
14.Demonstration of sound synchronization in After Effects
15.Render compositions for distribution using different codecs
Basic and Advanced Digital imaging (Adobe Photoshop)
This short course will teach students how to harness the power of Adobe Photoshop, undeniably the most widely-used digital image processing software today. Students are guided through project-based learning while tackling core concepts in Digital Imaging. Students will also learn about various studio techniques used by design professionals.
Each session will begin with an introduction to the tools and processes set for the day while applying these on sample files provided. The session will end with the students working on their own related digital imaging exercise project.
1. Learn the Interface & Tools of Photoshop Application
2. Learn How to Edit an Image (removing dirt, dust or even pimples & adding other images)
3. Learn How to do a Make-Over of an image (from Changing color to manipulating it's look and appearance)
4. Create your own canvass as you learn to do Basic Digital Painting in Photoshop
5. Layout Movie Posters or Ad Campaign by Combining Images, Texts and Effects using Photoshop.
Vector Illustration (Adobe Illustrator) and Page Design (Adobe In Design)
This short course is designed to introduce students to the exciting world of digital illustration using vector graphics. Utilizing Adobe Illustrator, a vector graphics editor with precise and powerful drawing tools, students shall explore the benefits and possibilities that can be achieved with the use of Illustrator. Students will acquire a thorough understanding of the medium, including tips and tricks in producing professional-quality illustrated outputs.
1. Basic Tools in Vector Design in Illustrator
2. Learn to create Corporate Logos and Personally Designed Logos
3. Design Corporate Collaterals such as Business Card, Letter Head, etc.
4. Learn How to Create Vector Type Drawings
5. Creating Visual Representation of Information such as Infographics
6. Knowing the Basics in Packaging Design
This short course seeks to train students in the essentials of desktop publishing through hands-on production of various print media using Adobe InDesign, the industry-standard tool used by graphic designers and layout artists. Students are guided through project-based learning while applying key design concepts. Students will learn effective techniques and time-saving approaches to print production.
1. Basic tools in Adobe InDesign application
2. Learn to Create and Design your own Multi-page Book, Magazine or Newsletter
3. Learn the Basics in Print Production Guidelines and How to Prepare your File for Printing Make your PDF not Just Viewable but Interactive
4. More tips in Creating Multiple Information Documents like Example Graduation Pictures and Yearly Planner