Motion Graphics (Adobe After Effects)
1. Overview of course plan and objectives
2. Lecture on general principles of motion graphics
3. Introduction to After Effects GUI (graphical user interface)
4. Concept of layers and precompositions
5. Introduction on 3D layers and camera setup
6. Concept of parent-child relationships in layers
7. Motion graphic techniques utilized in title design
8. Compositing in After Effects
9. Animating in After Effects
10.Introduction to typography
11.Color keying and masking
12.2D tracking in After Effects
13.Lecture on sound bites and soundtracks
14.Demonstration of sound synchronization in After Effects
15.Render compositions for distribution using different codecs
Basic and Advanced Digital imaging (Adobe Photoshop)
This short course will teach students how to harness the power of Adobe Photoshop, undeniably the most widely-used digital image processing software today. Students are guided through project-based learning while tackling core concepts in Digital Imaging. Students will also learn about various studio techniques used by design professionals.
Each session will begin with an introduction to the tools and processes set for the day while applying these on sample files provided. The session will end with the students working on their own related digital imaging exercise project.
1. Learn the Interface & Tools of Photoshop Application
2. Learn How to Edit an Image (removing dirt, dust or even pimples & adding other images)
3. Learn How to do a Make-Over of an image (from Changing color to manipulating it's look and appearance)
4. Create your own canvass as you learn to do Basic Digital Painting in Photoshop
5. Layout Movie Posters or Ad Campaign by Combining Images, Texts and Effects using Photoshop.
Vector Illustration (Adobe Illustrator) and Page Design (Adobe In Design)
This short course is designed to introduce students to the exciting world of digital illustration using vector graphics. Utilizing Adobe Illustrator, a vector graphics editor with precise and powerful drawing tools, students shall explore the benefits and possibilities that can be achieved with the use of Illustrator. Students will acquire a thorough understanding of the medium, including tips and tricks in producing professional-quality illustrated outputs.
1. Basic Tools in Vector Design in Illustrator
2. Learn to create Corporate Logos and Personally Designed Logos
3. Design Corporate Collaterals such as Business Card, Letter Head, etc.
4. Learn How to Create Vector Type Drawings
5. Creating Visual Representation of Information such as Infographics
6. Knowing the Basics in Packaging Design
This short course seeks to train students in the essentials of desktop publishing through hands-on production of various print media using Adobe InDesign, the industry-standard tool used by graphic designers and layout artists. Students are guided through project-based learning while applying key design concepts. Students will learn effective techniques and time-saving approaches to print production.
1. Basic tools in Adobe InDesign application
2. Learn to Create and Design your own Multi-page Book, Magazine or Newsletter
3. Learn the Basics in Print Production Guidelines and How to Prepare your File for Printing Make your PDF not Just Viewable but Interactive
4. More tips in Creating Multiple Information Documents like Example Graduation Pictures and Yearly Planner
Basics of Traditional 2D Animation
This short course will equip the attendees with the fundamentals in animating movements using the traditional hand-drawn process. They will be walked through the known animation principles in various lectures and exercises to prepare them for the actual application in the animation practice.
1. Drawing Through Basic Shapes
2. Drawing Strong and Dynamic Poses
3. Drawing Appeal
4. Creating Model Turnaround
5. Animation Basic Frame Holds
6. Timing and Spacing
7. Slow-in and Slow-out
8. Line Testing Process
9. Squash and Stretch
10. Animation Arc Flow
11. Applying Secondary Actions (Follow Through and Overlaps)
12. Straight Ahead and Pose to Pose Animation Process
13. Anticipation, Middle Action, Take, Cushion and Settle
14. Animating Walk and Run
15. Animating Turn, Throw and Jump
16. Animating Reactions and Attitudes
17. Basic Lip Coding for Animating Dialogue in Animation
Character Animation with Maya
This program integrates the teachings for 3D animation and entertainment. Students will be able create outstanding animated characters. Students will gain knowledge with a complete understanding of how all of 3D animation components interact with other fields such as acting for animation, rotoscoping and how leading companies and agencies perform with their 3D rigging standards.
1. Introduction to 3D Animation
2. Introduction to the 12 Principles of Animation
3. Introduction to Rothoscoping
4. Familiarization with Maya Graphic User Interface
5. Industry Standards (Practical Application)
Basics of 3D Animation: Creating Models with Autodesk Maya
This short course will teach students the principles of creating 3D models for use in animations, films, video games and more. They will learn to create both organic and inorganic models, from basic props to complex characters. Students will be taught the theories and techniques for creating models in 3D software and apply them through project-based exercises. They will learn how 3D modeling integrates with the other fields of 3D graphics such as rigging, texturing, lighting, rendering and more. Students will learn the ‘tricks of the trade’ and the working processes of professional modelers.
1. Introduction to Autodesk Maya
2. Introduction to 3D surfaces (Polygon, NURBS and Subdivision)
3. Creating and managing scenes
4. Working with image planes and reference images
5. Theory of surface topology and edge loops
6. Hard-surface modeling techniques
7. Introduction to Autodesk Mudbox
8. Introduction to digital sculpting
9. Creating simple renders of models
Creative Visual Production Techniques
The students will be trained on creative techniques of video projection mapping, also known as spatial augmented reality. It seeks to familiarize the students on how to use projection technology which can turn objects, often irregularly shaped, into a display surface for video projection. These objects may be complex industrial landscapes, such as buildings, small indoor objects or theatrical stages.. This technique is used by artists and advertisers alike who can add extra dimensions, optical illusions, and notions of movement onto previously static objects. The animation video can be projected on blank surfaces and can be used for cake decorations/animations, building decorations and lighting displays.
Web Specialist Certification
It will cover two modules: Client Side Web development (User Interface) and Server Side Web Development (Database Driven)
Trends in Fashion Styling and Make up
The workshop aims to introduce the student to the business of fashion styling and make up application—its job description and how appropriate make up and styling adds value to every fashion project be it a shoot, a video, an interview, a print ad or an event. Through this workshop, students will learn the techniques of fashion styling through lectures, projects and on-site styling assignments. The students will be taught the latest trends in color blending for day and night make up corresponding to the client's fashion styles.
This workshop is designed to teach the student how to do a fashion sketch as an artistic rendering. The freehand movement when rendering a sketch is guided by proper visualization of how a fabric falls, how to show the design details and how mood is created within the sketch. The students are encouraged to express their own style of rendering and create their own mood and be effective at visually interpreting their ideas and designs into paper.
Design and Sew Perfect Bag and Accessories
It teaches the students to learn how to design bags and accessories considering various factors such as its aesthetic, artistic and functional value. The students will have a hands on experience to draw and sew their final products.
This short course introduces students on how to capture photographs using Digital Single Lens Reﬂex cameras and how to prepare digital images for use using Photoshop. The course also covers good business practices in acquiring and using photographs in websites, touching on photographer’s rights and licensing of images.
(A portion of the course can be done inside the premises of the school but the rest can be done outside for actual photoshoot)
1. What makes an effective photograph; criteria for selecting photographs; genres of photography; basics of digital imaging; different ﬁle formats and their uses; color management for the web; types of cameras.
2. Digital camera safety and care; camera parts and functions; basic camera operation; reading the camera’s built-in light meter; basic composition principles and techniques – rule of thirds, looking room, head room, etc.
3. Aperture and depth of ﬁeld; composition techniques using selective focus
4. Shutter speed and motion; using motion as a compositional element.
5. Fundamentals of lighting; different sources of light and their characteristics; usage of top, front, side and back lighting; methods of dealing with backlit subjects; mixing ﬂash and ambient light.
6. Basic Photoshop.Critique Session - presentation of portfolio.
Conceptual Photography for Product Marketing
The course seeks to enhance the skills of the photographer to look beyond the aesthetics aspect of the pictures and helps them develop the skill of using the photos as a tool to convey message or illustrate a story. This can be help product marketers, cinematographers, artists, painters who want to improve their conceptual skills and techniques. Through imagination and creativity, conceptual photographers can help abstract business concepts more tangible and concrete.
This is an intermediate / advanced level course that facilitates discussion of photographic processes within the larger context of contemporary art, photography, and digital media. Workshops in the context of the course will introduce strobe lighting for studio applications.